With the launch of the EcoRowe initiative, our company has made a solid commitment to eco-friendly manufacturing processes and sustainable product development. EcoRowe focuses on three crucial elements in our future — a selection of over 200 natural fiber fabrics including certified organic cottons; the use of wood from replenished, domestic forests for the frames and the choice of two eco-friendly cores.
Our eco-cushion core contains plant-based, renewable materials which replace significant amounts of petroleum-based materials used in standard foam cushions. This new core contains organic halogen-free fire retardants. Our eco-down blend cushion core is a modern combination of high-resiliency foam with recycled fiber and a blend of duck feather and down. The cotton ticking used to encase the feather and down is no longer bleached.
Each piece of Rowe and Robin Bruce furniture will include eco-wood and eco-cushion cores. With your choice of fabrics, you can create a complete eco-friendly piece of furniture.
Eco-Friendly Materials Used in Our Production
- Arm cardboard: 100% recycled paperboard
- Corrugated cardboard: greater than 25% made from recycled corrugated containers
- Down cushions: filler made from recycled plastic bottles and ticking material is no longer bleached
- Springs: made from recycled iron ore
- Nails/Screws: Uncoated.
- Foam: greater than 20% of the Polyol chemicals come from plant-based renewable, raw materials. In addition, the foam making process is free of ABAs, CFCs and auxiliary CO2.
- Foam Fire Retardant Materials: contain organic, halogen-free, and PBDE free materials
- Cotton: 97% recycled materials
- Wovens/Non-Wovens: Some bleaching process eliminated